A third-generation machine shop, Metal Industries, Inc. has been providing full-service machining since the 1940s. We are equipped with CNC and manual lathes (up to 36-inch diameter, 17 feet long), 4-axis CNC and manual milling machines, and surface, OD and ID grinders. Our capabilities include:
- Engineering and design
- Component fabrication
- Machine component repair
- Reverse engineered replicated parts
- Short- and long-run manufacturing
- Welding including MIG, TIG, stick, brazing and silver soldering
- Two-plane soft suspension dynamic balancing
- Oxy-acetylene powder and twin arc metallized coatings
- Rokide and plasma arc ceramic coatings
- OEM, spare parts, and repairs
With decades of hands-on experience our team takes pride in coming up with creative solutions to meet the exact needs of our valued customers.
Our talented team has over 80 years of hands on machine shop experience and will provide:
- Innovative, cost effective solutions
- On-time, excellent customer service
- Precise workmanship focused on finished product quality
- Expertise to take on challenging projects
Metal Industries, Inc. originated in the 1940’s when Vincent D. Zito started the Metropolitan Tool and Machine Company in Metal Industries’ current location. Metropolitan successfully manufactured parts for a variety of industries including finished products utilized by U.S. troops fighting in World War II.
Beginning in the 1950s, Vincent A. Zito took over the business and incorporated the company as Metal Industries, Inc. in 1965, providing machining services to the local businesses and beyond. Metal Industries, Inc. developed and manufactured radiator cooling components for the space suits for the Mercury Space Program from 1958-1963.
Since that time, Metal Industries has evolved into a fully equipped facility. Now in the capable hands of Vincent M. Zito, Metal Industries, Inc. offers an expanse of services of various sizes, scales, and applications including OEM, spare parts, repairs and hard-to-find components.